9.29.2013

Review: Born Lippy Stick Lip Balm in Pomegranate by The Body Shop

Hello!
Starting from today, for the sake of my love towards make up, skin care, and health concern related to those, I'm gonna write reviews regulary (I hope so) about the products I've used/been using. Not only the wow and boo factors visually, but also the safety of its ingredients. Hope it'll help you girls to find the best make up for your look and also your health! :)

This time, I'm going to review this little thing: Born Lippy Stick Lip Balm in Pomegranate shade/flavor. 

  

So here's how it looks. The PACKAGING has that pop art design--which is cool. The color is mostly red since it represents pomegranate. The cap is transparent, which I am in a love-hate relationship with. Love it because transparent means sophisticated, and hate it, because it's transparent, it gets dirty and dull as time goes by. AND YES I've been using it religiously, you can tell from the pictures that it has only tiny little bit product left.


 Here is the swatch on the back of my hand. You can see that it has a slight orange-ish tint, which looks very natural.

TEXTURE: the typical lip balm, it has moist texture. It glides on smoothly and spreads evenly on lips.
As for its FUNCTIONALITY: it works like it's supposed to. It's great for moisturizing and for protecting my lips from drying lipsticks. It also has UV protector, which is great! Not only our face which needs it, our lips does, too. The APPLIED LOOK is great. It's orange-ish tint is fresh and perfect for the no-make up look. It also has that subtle shine, typical gloss look.

SAFETY: As for its ingredients, here is the list.


IngredientFunction UV AcneIrritantSafety 
Ricinus Communis Seed Oil Fragrance
Moisturizer
Emollient

1 0
Octyldodecanol Solvent
Fragrance
Emulsifier


3
Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate Emulsifier
4 3
Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil Moisturizer
Emollient



Sorbitan Olivate Emulsifier


Candelilla Wax

1 1
Beeswax Emollient
Emulsifier

0-2 0-2
Glycerin Solvent
Moisturizer

0 0
Flavor Fragrance


Water Solvent


Carnauba Wax Emollient


Synthetic wax Antistatic
Emollient



Tocopheryl Acetate Moisturizer
0 0
Benzyl Benzoate Solvent
Fragrance



Octocrylene Sunscreen  

Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil Moisturizer


Ammonium glycyrrhizate



Caprylyl Glycol Moisturizer
Emollient



Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract Moisturizer
Emollient
Plant extract



Sunflower Seed Oil Fragrance
Antioxidant
Emollient
Plant extract

0 0
Olive Fruit Extract Plant extract


Polygonum Cuspidatum Extract



Wheat Plant extract


Sodium phytate



Homosalate Sunscreen  

Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Sunscreen  

Linalool Fragrance


Sodium Citrate pH Adjusters
Antioxidant



Sodium Benzoate Preservative


Triethoxycaprylylsilane



Lake Pigment


Lake Pigment


CI 77891 Pigment
Sunscreen
  0 0


The ingredient list is taken from the official website of The Body Shop Indonesia, and the analysis is from cosdna.com.  Thank God it has no red bar on safety check, which means it's quite safe for long-term use.

Now let's move to everyone's favorite, the before-after shot!


I just want to show you girls how this little stuff can make a big difference. My face definitely looks more fresh with that orange-ish tint. Pale lips make me look tired.

WORTHINESS: this baby is in retail for Rp. 59,000, approximately equals to USD 5.2 per September 29th 2013. It contains 5g of products. A nice bargain for you girls, especially the ones against animal cruelty. The Body Shop does not test animals. Will I REPURCHASE? I don't think so since I want to try other products (and also want to save more money hahaha). Being a college kid means you need to spend your money carefully, and I guess there are many other drugstore products with quality similar like this. I think I'll just go with Nivea chapsticks or Maybelline, since they're as good as this and affordable.


PACKAGING 3/5

TEXTURE 4/5
FUNCTIONALITY 4/5
APPLIED LOOK 4/5
SAFETY 3/5
WORTHINESS 3/5
OVERALL RATING 4.2/5


Don't worry, I write my reviews based on minimal 1-month usage, so that I know whether it works or it doesn't.
All reviews here are based on my personal experience on my face and body. Result may varies according to skin type, skin tone, skin undertone, and many other factors.

No comments: