8.24.2012

CGK to SIN in 2016/2017!


I have dreams. They say writing your dreams is one of the things that will increase the probability of making it comes true. And here I am, writing up my dreams.

I always want to study abroad. I dream of becoming stranger in strange lands, surrounded with people strange to me. I dream of studying things I never know. My dreams usually make me scared, but that's what I dream. To overcome my fears, to step up ahead, to make the best me coming out real.

Learning. Learning. Learning. That is the first priority of my dreams. Learning makes humans human. After leaving high school, Universitas Indonesia is my first destination of advanced learning. God leads me to study architecture there. I've never dreamed to be an architect before, I didn't even know what I wanted to be. I once planned to go for Universitas Gadjah Mada in Yogyakarta to study veterinary medicine or urban planning. I even planned to study international relations and psychology. I wanted to study everything! But yes I needed to choose one. With the help of my family, I decided to go for architecture. Bismillah, I hope in this branch of science, I will be able to make my parents proud, make a proper living from it, and the most important thing is to bring benefits for many people and my country.

College starts on this September 3rd. My next dream is to enter fast track program (integration of bachelor and master degree for only 5 years) in this university. Or perhaps continue my master and doctorate degree in National University of Singapore (NUS). This second choice is my favorite. But fast track program is more tempting because it's time efficient. Let's just see. I'll do my best for this two, and God will show which one is the best for me. :)

Maybe after my master program, I will continue to enrich my knowledge in Singapore. That country has a lot to learn, I want to live there a few years to get working and living experience. And also to fulfill my passion in art and culture! Singapore has lots of world class theatrical performances. I need to watch something remarkable in Esplanade theatre!

 


I'll see you soon, Singapore! And hey, School of Design and Environment NUS, I'm definitely coming!