3.18.2012

Current Obsession: J-THINGS!



Hello blog! It's been a while. Lately I've been busy working on senior year for those examination stuffs. This year has gone pretty quick too. It's in the middle of March already whereas I still find it odd to write '2012' on my test paper date (I am still not used to it).
I'm not gonna whine about how exhausted I am, being in such hectic 'examination-is-coming' state that has to force my brain, my mind, and my body to work integratedly. The weather has been such a bad ass and if I am not careful enough to organize my rest time and my meal, I will be sick. It's been pretty crazy and tough months.
Oh did I just whine? Never mind. I'm actually posting here to share about my current obsession on Japanese culture. Yes! The idea of having an idol never really cross my mind, at all. Although I did have a little obsession toward Skandar Keynes when I was in junior high, well, I still don't want to. I've never really like anything that much (the Skandy case is an exception), but things suddenly changed.
It started because of my biology teacher, Kak Iqbal. He is a funny, yet brilliant teacher who has a wide knowledge (when we were solving problems he usually explained the WHOLE story that it reached another topic and he would explain the whole another topic again and again). He liked to brought his laptop with him too. One day he showed us a cardiac surgery clip taken from Iryu: Team Medical Dragon drama. It was quite terrifying, but cool at the same time. My classmate, Mariana, asked him to copy his files. Tada! Then she had 3 series of Iryu: Team Medical Dragon and also 3 series of Dr. House from him. (Isn't he cool enough as a teacher?) The files then spread easily to one another and I finally copied it too.
Then I watched it.
It's the coolest medical dorama I've seen so far (yeah, cause I haven't watched any other yet :P) haha but seriously, it's cool. I find myself being used to medical terms and surgery stuffs because of it. And haven't you heard? The main character was like, the manliest man living ever. I'm not exaggerating.

Seriously, Sakaguchi Kenji as dr. Asada Ryutaro is... [insert compliments about how manly he is here]

In the show you can also find a young, cute internist doctor named Ijyuuin. Teppei Koike suited perfectly for his character. He was clumsy at first but he maintained to make improvements in his medical career.



And awesome actors and actresses roled in the drama that I can't list. Overall it's recommended to watch. (8/10)

This drama series then reminded me of Teppei Koike. I knew him before, as he was the main role of Lovely Complex Live Action Movie that was based on my favorite manga. I found him cute at first, but I was fine with that. I didn't really like him the way I do now (ugh). My unimportant curiousity then led me to.... my biggest j-crush so far......... it's WaT!


WaT, is a Japanese pop duo consists of Eiji Wentz and Teppei Koike (that's why it's called WaT--Wentz and Teppei). They were formed around 2002, but they didn't release anything until 2004. They are under Universal Music label now.




Eiji Wentz was the youngest and the second son born to a German-American father and a Japanese mother. Due to the family’s American background, his father and his brother are fluent in English; however, he is monolingual, only fluent in Japanese, and rightfully considers himself Japanese. And do you know? Eiji starred in Gegege no Kitaro live action movie as Kitaro!!
ウエンツ 瑛士
* Birthdate: October 8, 1985
* Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
* Blood Type:O
* Height: : 170cm
* Weight: : 55kg




Now let's move to another member of WaT. It's Teppei!





Teppei Koike is a Japanese actor and singer. Known for his role in Iryu: Team Medical Dragon, Lovely Complex, Shibatora, Ohitorisama, Tetsu no Hone, and other movies and dramas. He is not 17, he's 26 already. (I can hardly believe it too, he's too cute)
小池徹平
* Birthdate: January 5, 1986
* Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
* Blood Type: B
* Height: 167 cm
* Weight: 54 kg 

I am obsessed about them so much for now. They've released a minifilm called 'My Favorite Girl'. It's a merge story of their 4 songs. Combining them into one main story with the music videos in the film, I personally think it was a brilliant work. You should check their songs, they are quite earcatchy. My personal favorite is 'Hava Rava' and 'Bokura no Love Story'. They did a hilarious music video too for 'Tokimeki DooBeeDoo' (go check it! Definitely a moodbooster).
And when it comes to WaT, I'm now running out of words to say. They are my favorite bromance now. I'm so excited when it comes to them. I put a big hope for their comeback.

Never underestimate the power of Asian artists! Think that western artists are the best?
Well, think again. ;)